After the museum everybody was hungry and the plan was to go home but I had a couple errands I wanted to run and I remembered that Thursday is Mexican day at Chuck a Rama, my favorite. They serve all the stuff to make your own Cafe Rio salad and you can eat as much of it as you want. I started to get tempted but one of our goals for the month was to only eat out once in January and Neil and I were going out on Saturday. I called Neil to see what he would suggest and he said it was up to me. I knew the kids would love it as would I so I caved and went. The crazy thing is, it costs me as much to go to McDonald's and get everyone a happy meal as it does to go to Chuck a Rama for lunch, and which is better. I was nervous though. I'd never taken the kids by myself to a buffet and knew it could be an absolute disaster so once again we had a little pep talk about all going to the buffet together and having to be patient and stuff. They were so excited. I know as I paid a lot of people were looking at me and thinking I am crazy and that they did not want to sit by us. To my utter amazement the kids were amazing. There was no fussing or complaining. There are so many elderly people there for lunch. I had 3 people come up to me and tell me how wonderful and well behaved my kids were. I wanted to cry because how often do people really think that about your kids when your're in public. Never because usually they are running all over the place. The waitress also commented on how great they were. It just made my day. I had to go to 5 stores quickly afterwards and once again they all stayed by me and were just awesome. I know that I have some great kids but it's nice when others notice it as well.
What's also made me proud is that the kids have rocked the last two weeks doing their chores. Our house has stayed relatively clean. They have not complained when I've asked them to unload/fill the dishwasher or clean the playroom, etc. It's been great. Saturday is our deep cleaning day and Neil is really good about motivating the kids but he wasn't here so it was up to me. After breakfast I told the kids I think we could clean the house in 2 hours (because it wasn't that dirty) if we all worked together and we did it. Every room was spotless (even mine), every floor had either been vacuumed or mopped, and every bathroom cleaned. It was the best feeling and I was just so happy all day. Conner and Sam were such great workers and would do whatever was asked with a cheerful attitude. Mikey did the best he could but mostly played. He's four so he gets a break sometimes. It was nice to not have to yell and nag the kids. I guess I would say life is getting a little easier which I am grateful for. I've even kept up on the laundry all month which is a feat in itself.
1 comment:
What a fun place! And yes, life is getting easier...especially with your fun kids!
Post a Comment