Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day of Errands

Yesterday I decided to go down to Orem to visit some friends and run some errands along the way in the Salt Lake Valley. The day didn't go as planned but it was still a great day. We have a really good Target here in Layton. The clearance is so good so I always check and they had all their toddler bedding half off. Before we moved I started making Sam a Thomas blanket but I won't get it done for awhile. He'll probably outgrow the toddler bed before it's finished since it's not a priority. Our Target did not have the Thomas one so yesterday on my way down I stopped at every Target along the way and at the 4th one they had it along with a cuddle pillow. I had planned to save it for Christmas but when Sam saw it he wouldn't let it go. He is so happy and I am glad. It was cheaper than what I spent to make just the blanket and it came with sheets. We also stopped at a couple Walmarts and some furniture stores. I bought a coffee table and 2 end tables but are a little disappointed because they don't really fit in the living room. They're a little too big. We also stopped to see Grandma Bahr. She was pretty lifeless and didn't talk much which is unusual. I wonder if she is getting sick. She did liven up a little when I had her hold Mikey. Sam gave her a big hug and kisses.
We ate lunch in the car on the way down--pb&j. At lights I would cut apples but my arm wasn't quite long enough so I speared them with the knife and just yelled don't grab the knife please. We got to Orem around 1:30. None of the boys had a nap not even Mikey. I thought they'd sleep on the way down but oh no but they were so good. It was just a pain having to buckle and unbuckle them so many times. We went to Meagen's first and never left. The kids played so good together and I ended up laying Mikey down. It was so good to visit a friend and I kept lingering. We finally decided to get the kids pizza because they were complaining of being soooooo hungry and we'd have lasagna. I have no friends up here yet. I know it takes time. Meagen also gave me some of her clothes which I'm excited about. They are new to me. Thanks.
Conner, Sam and Kristin watching a movie


1 comment:

Meagen said...

You can stop by ANY time. I'm so glad you came. It was really great having all that time to talk-I'm so lucky to have you. Plus, my kids play with your kids better than they do with any other kids. I hope I can see you again soon!