Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Church with Kids

Sometimes I even wonder why we even go when we have kids. It is a nightmare. The last three Sundays have been terrible. It's like the kids have forgotten how to behave in church since we moved. Neil and I are at the end of our ropes. We get nothing out of any of the meetings because we're wrestling with kids the whole time in the pew or in the foyer. Sam is the worst because he just starts to scream. Today Sam exploded and Neil took him home to change clothes during sacrament. It is a blessing we live so close. Mikey is next because it is his naptime and has had it by 9:30. It's hard too because in Sunday School I am the only one with a kid and a bunch of elderly people and there's no where to stand. It was nice in Orem having SS in the cultural hall because the kid was locked down to your lap and could roam a little and you could still listen. We're trying to do what's right and it is such a struggle. Tonight there was a fireside with a singing Polynesian group and we debated whether or not to go all day but I we had signed up to go and said we'd bring treats so we decided to go. We gave the kids a big pep talk saying if they were good and quiet they would be able to have lots of treats afterwards. The singing was amazing what I heard of it. They lasted maybe 10 minutes before it was time to take someone out. We ended up leaving early and no treats. It stinks because we really wanted to talk to some of the people there.

Today was a busy day. Right after church I had a board meeting and as soon as I got home Neil went to choir practice. When he got back I took a little nap but had a really hard time getting out of bed. I kept trying to get out but the covers kept calling my name. We hurried and ate dinner and off to the fireside. YW's doesn't seem as scary as I thought. I'll definitely be busy.

Today was the Primary Program and you know there always has to be something humorous happen. Well Conner gave the whole congregation a good laugh. During one of the songs he kept picking his nose. He'd start with one nostril and eat it and then switch hands and nostrils and start again. He did it the whole song. The elders were sitting beside us just rolling. It was so hard to keep from busting out laughing loud. I was just shaking from trying to keep it in. He's always been a nose picker and I don't know what to do to get him to stop. It's so gross.

3 comments:

Tiffanie said...

That's really funny ~

Team Furnival said...

Awesome Conner! Since Ben was out of town, I didn't even go to church on Sunday. I felt guilty all day but just couldn't handle the thought of wrestling all the kids through church.

Leanne said...

That is so funny. Gotta love a nose-picker!!