I just love Sundays more and more. It is the one day we have nothing going on and we get to spend it together as a family. Our bishop tries to have very few meetings on Sundays, which makes this possible. It makes our week nights even more full so it is a trade off. We often play games together. We're on a Monopoly Deal kick. Sam is usually the winner and being the competitive person I am it kills me. I don't understand how he does it. Over spring break we played 25 rounds in a row with Sam winning over half of them. Conner, on the other hand, didn't win once in 12 straight games. Today we played Clue and it has been years since I've played it.
We also like to look at family photos and movies and reminisce. The kids get quite a kick out of seeing themselves as babies and the silly things they did.
We also love being silly.
Fishbowl Effect
Crazy shower hair. These two have a love/hate relationship. When they play together nicely it is like heaven on earth and it makes my heart swell seeing what good friends they are but when they are not getting a long I just want to pull my hair out.
Oh I just love dressing this little girl up in her Sunday best. She is just so cute. The bonnet was only for pictures. There is no way she's keep it on for more than a few seconds.
In Primary the children were asked if anyone has ever been confused and Lucy raised her hand and said, "My mom is always confused!" The leaders all laughed and asked her why I was always confused hoping to get a little dirt on me. I love how kids don't ever hesitate to spill the family secrets. Lucy replied, "She can't understand me and so she is always confused. She is trying to teach me to talk better."
On the 5th Sunday, the ward missionaries did the sharing time on missionary work and told the kids that even they could be missionaries. Mikey was so excited and so ready to give a family a Book of Mormon. He had two of them and so he decided to give our neighbors one. I'll be honest, I tried to discourage him from going because I know they are not interested but to see the excitement in his face I just let him go. Besides I don't think anyone can reject a 6 year old. So he went next door by himself with his little Book of Mormon and knocked. His friend came to the door and then his mom. Mikey asked if they read the scriptures and they said they read the Bible. Mikey gave them his Book of Mormon and told them it was also scripture and that it teaches of Jesus and they should read it every day like he does and then he left. He came back home and hopped in bed with Neil and I and was so happy. He just gave us hugs and snuggled and said that he felt so warm inside. I am just blown away by his boldness. Kids just don't have any inhibitions. He told us how he liked being a missionary and if there were any other families in our neighborhood who don't read scriptures. He wanted to go out again and said, "Hey how about the drug house. I bet they don't know about Jesus!" We did have to put our foot down on that one. (Yes, we did have a rental in the neighborhood where some druggies moved in. There were always people coming and going and late night parties. It was awful. Their neighbor happened to be a cop so they didn't last long there, thank goodness.)
We were able to go to a mission farewell today of one of our sons on trek, Tyson Young. I think it's so great that we've kept in touch with him these past two years. An absolutely amazing young man that will serve well in France.
No comments:
Post a Comment