So in our family a birthday means, no chores and you pick the menu for the day. I love how Sam is so specific. He asked for cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole and orange julius for breakfast. He wanted to have school lunch (Phew I was off the hook) and for dinner spaghetti with meatballs along with alfredo sauce, salad, breadsticks, strawberries and pineapple and spicy nacho Doritos. I guess now a birthday is not a birthday without a pinata. Sam wanted a pokemon party so he chose a pokemon Marill for his pinata. I wasn't sure who that was so I had to look it up.

So this is what his pinata ended up looking like. I was so pleased with how it turned out. I don't think I'm very creative in pulling something out of thin air but you give me a picture or tutorial and I can usually figure it out. The pinata was so cute I really didn't want to smash it to pieces but the kids had other intentions.
Sam also wanted a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. He wanted Pikachu on top. I was so glad he chose this cake because I love it. Cake for breakfast two days in a row!
Sam got a new bike, roller blades and the game Clue from us but his favorite present was the Rainbow Loom from Grandma Hibbert and the 3 1/2 pound bag of Skittles from Nana (I'll be hitting you up in 6 months to pay for the cavities). She got him the regular loom and a travel loom so two of the boys can make bracelets at the same time. It's cool to see how fun the boys think it is to make bracelets. I remember making friendship bracelets out of embroidery thread when I was their age. I hope that in 30 years when my kids are reading the lists of toys that 2010's kids grew up with they'll get all excited when the Rainbow Loom shows up or Pillow Pets like I do with the 80's toys. Great childhood memories.
Rainbowed Out. They've each made several bracelets and Mikey has made 10 rings and it cracks me up to see him where them on each finger. I think he just might wear them all to school tomorrow.
Best Friends. It wouldn't be a birthday party without Jaxson and Presley and Deet.
Sam is so excited to be eight. So many great things happen at eight. He gets to go to scouts on Tuesday and he has chosen to be baptized and that will take place May 3rd.
We just love our Sam. I always say he is the full package. He is so fun and social yet very intelligent. He is funny and caring and loves to play games. He is often the first person to help when it's needed. He tries hard to be a friend to everyone. He is a talker and a snuggler. He is the first kid to fall asleep and the first one to wake up, usually by 6:30. He is a voracious and fast reader. He loves food and is a very good critic. He hates wearing jeans and prefers comfy clothes. A little quirk he has is he likes to sit on the end of a row, table, bench anything. I've noticed it at church. He always sits at the end of our pew and then in Primary he always sits at the end of his row. At school the kids get to chose where they sit and he always makes sure his desk is the end desk. I think it's pretty funny. We all have our quirks.

No comments:
Post a Comment