I love seeing the kids playing together. Last Sunday the kids decided to dump all the legos out to find their Heroica pieces. They played that game all day long.
Today Conner made a batch of chocolate chip cookies all by himself for the first time. It made me so happy to sit from the family room and watch him level his flour and other ingredients. Makes this home economics teacher proud to see proper techniques being used in the kitchen. They turned out fantastic! He made himself a huge one to put in his lunch tomorrow.
Neil and his siblings for the last 3 weeks have been getting together on Sunday and video chatting. Today the kids decided to join in. It probably won't happen again. They were loud and very distracting.The Olympics almost did me in. I stayed up way too late every night and sometimes I let the kids stay up too. I just love it and the kids did too. I just love the amazing talent and sportsmanship that was displayed. My favorites were Noelle Pikus-Pace, Shaun White (his grace in his loss) and Meryl Davis and Charlie White.
Eliza has had a rough couple of weeks. Our sweet, happy and content little girl has been quite the grumpy, whiny baby for awhile. Today she seemed back to her old self. She now has 8 teeth, 4 up top and 4 on the bottom. She's also had a cold with a runny nose. She probably had an ear infection but thankfully she has still slept through the night.
A small missionary moment we had this week is when we had one of the kids' friends over and at dinner after praying he asked what the name of our church was. We told him and then Sam asked him if he had ever read the Book of Mormon. Mikey speaks up and says I read it and it's true, it really is. It's a true book. They then said they were reading the New Testament and since this kid reads the Bible they had some common ground. I wanted to talk more and add my perspective but I didn't. I just let the kids talk and it was amazing to hear them bear their testimony in a natural and simple way.
It's funny how I've had this inkling to really try to be more friendly, outgoing and service oriented even though it's really hard for me. Well the Lord was preparing me because I was called two weeks ago to be a counselor in our Relief Society where I pretty much am required to be those things. This is my first time serving in Relief Society in this ward and so I am excited to get to know the sisters.
We were hit with a week of the stomach flu. It started with Sam, then Neil and then Lucy. Neil had it the worse. I felt so bad for him. There were times I thought he would pass out he was so weak.
1 comment:
Way to go Conner! loved the Olympics too. And congrats on the calling! I think that would be one of my favorites, one of our ladies just got released and they haven't sustained a new one yet, I'm trying to pray for it :)
Post a Comment