This morning was a pretty relaxed morning. Everyone got up and got ready for school early and we were all ready to go. Eliza was happy playing in the corner of the family room while we said family prayer. We all jumped up and got in the car and were on our way. We turned the corner and were passing the Porters when Lucy screams Eliza. I'm immediately in a panic thinking she's choking or has stopped breathing and is turning blue and say what? The kids inform me that Eliza's not with us. We left her at home. I really panic now thinking about the stairs of death and quickly make my way around the block and open the garage. The kids were as nervous as me and Sam and Mikey jumped out of the car and run inside to see Eliza's fate before I am able to. Luckily she was sitting in the middle of the floor playing legos with no clue that she had been left. I quickly scooped her up and gave her the biggest hugs and kisses and we were back on our way. We were all so thankful and relieved that she was okay and once the shock wore off Sam informs us that March 5th will always be remembered as the day we left Eliza!
Wow. I know this is no laughing matter and am pretty upset with myself. I don't know how it happened. I think it is the first time we've left a kid. I have been more forgetful lately but how do you forget your baby. I'm just glad we realized it with in a block of home. I went to the doctor yesterday because my fatigue, joint pain, concentration, etc. and now constant thirst have gotten worse. The doctor thinks all of the symptoms, except for the thirst, are because of my thyroid and he upped my meds. He took 5 vials of blood and a urine sample to try to figure out if anything else is going on. He really thinks it's my thyroid and stress induced and told me I have to say no and I can't be everything to everyone. He's been a bishop and so he kind of turned into one for a moment which was good. The only thing is I don't feel very stressed. I have learned to not volunteer myself to do a whole lot of stuff right now because I realize I can't without myself and my family suffering. Anyway I am hoping my lapse in memory today was just the Hashimoto's and not a reoccurring problem.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We left Sophi once ~ we all went to a park near our home and after we'd been there for a few minutes and I was counting heads I shouted out "Where's Sophi?" and we realized we'd left her at home. It was getting dark and we'd turned off the lights except for one, when we got there, she was standing in that room with little tears streaming down her face, oh it's the worst feeling! That was my first time leaving a kid. Take that back, we also left Mel once for the same thing, a trip to the park, but she was older and showed up on her bike before we'd realized she was missing and she thought it was pretty funny.
I have forgotten my kids in the car several times, if they are asleep when we get home. I have also left the baby at home. Multiple times. Stress induced insanity I tell ya.
Post a Comment