Wednesday, November 17, 2010
That Little Sneek!
My parents left today: sob sob (visit definitely was not long enough) so Nana left some chocolate penguins out for the boys (think of those large chocolate bunnies at Easter but penguins). I would never buy these but grandparents are entitled. The boys wanted to eat them right away with their breakfast but I said maybe tonight after dinner. Conner and Sam were fine with that but when they were at school Mikey asked a couple of times if he could have his and I said no, let's wait and eat it with your brothers. I gave him two little pieces of candy to satisfy his sweet tooth so I thought. I was on the computer and I noticed Mikey was not near me, which is rare and it was really quiet. I waited until it was time to pick up Sam to see what Mikey was up to. I go upstairs and Mikey's door is shut. I think how cute he's playing with his trains and wants his privacy. I open the door and Mikey is laying on his bed totally covered with his blanket with only a foot sticking out. Then I felt bad thinking he is so tired he put himself down for a nap so I slowly pull the cover off from his face to wake him up and what do I see: two big brown eyes open wide in suprise, fear with ten chubby little fingers covered in melted chocolate grasping the bottom half of a penguin and a chocolate covered face, clothes and sheets. I was a little in shock not knowing if I should scold or laugh at him. Well the laughter took over and I couldn't stop. I still snicker when I remember his face in my mind. He never did get in trouble for that one. I've never had the kids sneek anything before that I'm aware of so I'll have to keep my eye on Mr. Mike! Of course I couldn't find a camera anywhere to take a picture of the mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How funny! Oh how I wish you had your camera! But I am glad you posted the story. Those are the times when you aren't sure if you should be mad or just laugh. Lucky for Mikey you laughed. That is definitely a 3 year old thing to do...even though he has a few more days of being 2, right? Mikey and Sabrina sound like 2 peas in a pod. She doesn't sneak stuff very often at all, but she did try to sneak my Kit Kat and also a baggie with homemade zucchini bread in it before she was 2!
ha ha too funny! guess he got you on that one!
Oh, how I love that little Mikey! That is hilarious. He has a sweet tooth, that's for sure!
That's when I always panic- when they house is quiet and there are little ones home. It's funny how they know to hide when they are doing something naughty. But I don't blame him- I may or may not be guilty myself of sneaking large amounts of chocolate and eating it secretly so I don't have to share. :) Who can resist a chocolate penguin anyway?
Thanks for the laugh Amy - that is so funny, I could totally picture it in my head. So funny how they think they're hiding themselves well with a blanket over them! I roll my eyes when my kids do it. I should probably laugh like you :) Love you guys
That's hilarious! That kid is so smart! Clever enough to get his treat, smart enough to know he SHOULDN'T eat it... and smart enough to know that the best place to eat and not be found ... because Mom will think I'm asleep... is to CLOSE the bedroom door and hide UNDER the blanket. Fantastic!
Post a Comment